We accept applications for Work Experience from any students interested in gaining experience within the performing arts.
Work experience application process
We are only able to offer very limited places throughout the year. Due to the high volume of requests and to ensure a fair selection from the applications, our process is as follows:
- Students send in a CV and covering letter clearly stating their school, year group and normal place of residence. Please provide the dates of your Work experience and deadline for school confirmation.
- These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We also would like to know why you have chosen to apply to Hoxton Hall in particular for your Work Experience and what you hope to gain from your time here.
- We prefer that applicants apply themselves and not through adults (parents/careers) where possible.
- Hackney based students will be given first consideration, followed by out of borough applications.
- Applications will be reviewed and we will be in contact within 4 weeks of your application. If you have not heard from us within this time then unfortunately we are not able to offer you a placement.
- Before offering you a placement we will hold an informal interview. We will not be able to confirm if you have been offered a placement until after this interview.
For info: The application process is extremely competitive, and due to the high numbers we receive we are sorry that we are unable to contact unsuccessful applicants.
We are always looking for volunteers to support our projects and performances within the Theatre. If you would like to be contacted when these opportunities arise please contact the Youth arts team: email@example.com
Potential areas of interest include:
As a fully functioning theatre and events space, we offer work experience in coordinating bookings, communicating with theatre companies, assisting with ticketing and organising staff for events.
We provide a year long youth arts programme working with schools across the borough, you can help us create promotional material, research activities and develop events for young people like you.
It is vital we communicate our events, activities and services to a wide audience. We offer experience in email campaigns, assisting with the upkeep of our website, social media management and developing new marketing ideas.
Buildings and Facilities
Our venue was built in 1863 meaning it requires plenty of regular upkeep from our facilities team. We offer work experience in helping to maintain this amazing building, from general maintenance to technical theatre – perfect for anyone who likes to get their hands dirty!
Reception and Administration
We have over 40,000 visitors a year, meaning we handle a great of number enquiries and greet a wide variety of people everyday. If you enjoy working with people and want to develop your reception, secretarial or personal assistant skills, this is the perfect area for you.
Front of House
All our events are run by a dedicated front of house team who manage our box office, steward our events and organise the bar stock. Help them make a difference! (Work experience students will not be required to sell alcohol).
Assistant Stage Manager
Hoxton Hall’s theatre can accommodate over 200 people, which is a lot of people to please during a show. We offer experience for people to learn what happens backstage, from keeping the show running smoothly to monitoring props and supporting performers.
Interested in learning about producing and creating events and getting involved in shaping the programme here at Hoxton Hall?
We are looking for dynamic and committed individuals to join our Young People’s Board at Hoxton Hall. You don’t need any previous experience. We are interested in anyone with new ideas and creative interests – whether it’s in theatre, music, film, dance, art, installations, spoken word or comedy.
Members of the Youth board will be the voice central to all our work, you will be part of building a creative programme reflective of our young user’s interests and creative skillsets. The youth board will work together with the Hoxton Hall Team over the course of the year to:
- Inform the direction of Hoxton Hall’s creative programming.
- To produce and commission events, performances and workshops.
- Develop creatively through attending masterclasses in their chosen areas of artistic practice.
- Attend Hoxton Hall’s Trustee Board meetings
- Attend Hoxton Hall events
- Act as ambassadors for Hoxton Hall
- Take on paid opportunities where available.
To apply you must be:
- Between the ages of 14-25
How to Apply
Please complete the Young People’s Board application form HERE and the Equal Opportunities and Monitoring form HERE.
Applications must include both forms to be considered.
*Please note this is a voluntary role